1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cool THX intro on Toy Story 1

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Jon Weaver, Oct 23, 2000.

1. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +648
    Got my Toy Story 1/2 box set this weekend and was very impressed with the THX intro on TS1 (but not TS2 disk which I thought was strange).

The normal THX intro is an insanely bassy noisy effect which just fills the room as the THX logo fades in.

But in TS1, it 'breaks down' with lots of cracking and popping and the THX logo collapses.. The a little man puts on a jet-pack and flys around the room pulling switches and hammering.

I thought it was really funny and was actually a good surround sound demo.

2. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I agree, much like the T2 UE THX logo the Toy Story ones were class, real good demo material. I could watch them all day. I'd love to see more customized THX logos.

------------------
    Tee

http://www.electronicreality.co.uk

3. Matt

Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    That THX trailer has been around for quite a while now, i don't think it was specially done for Toy Story. I think its called something like THX Tex

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know if it has been included on any other DVD releases, so Toy Story may be the first, but it has been shown in THX equipped cinemas for over a year now. It is part of an ongoing series starring the THX mascot TEX the robot...I have seen the 'repair' trailer and the 'Cow' ones.....both are great!

------------------
    "Why do I do this? Three reasons: the pay is good, the scenery changes, and they let me use explosives."

http://www.ypcc.co.uk