• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cool stuff with Diamond and my old apacer steno

peterjspencer

Established Member
Ive got an Apacer Steno which I bought a couple of years ago, based on recommendations in the PSP forum. Its basically a hard disk enclosure which has some software included, original thread here;
http://www.avforums.com/forums/psp/327467-80-gigs-movies-games-music-holiday.html
It was originally purchased as hard drive storage to take movies on holiday for my PSP, back in the day when flash memory was limited to a max of about 1Gb. You can transfer files from the built in hard disk TO the PSP memory card which it sees as an external USB drive.

Anyway, and to the point, it works with my Touch Diamond. I can copy files from the 20Gb hard disk to the Diamonds built in memory. For every day use, I agree, not to useful, but for travelling, a bit of a bonus. (although in truth the screen on the PSP is bigger and I will prob take that away anyway).

I was just dead excited when it worked !!

peterjspencer

Established Member
Thinking about it further, I suppose nowadays people will just use a netbook or similar to transfer files if it were required.
A netbook running Windows will connect to a diamond wont it ?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom