Cooax into optical ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Dave_W, May 2, 2001.

1. Dave_W

Dave_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A m8 of mine recently bought a technics amp for his DVD player after hearing my 5.1 setup. He invited me round to listen to it and I thought it was a bit crap. Further investigation reveled that he had simply connected to front L/R connections so it was only producing prologic. Now the amp only has an optical digital in socket whereas his DVD player is a phillips 710 which only has a coax digital out. Is there any way of connecting these or is he stuffed?

I did tell him to buy the sony like mine cos it has coax and optical inputs but would he listen?.....

2. AVMAN

AVMAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    QUESTION
    IS THE TECHNICS AMP A 5.1 AMP? IF IT IS I HAVE THE CURE YOU CAN GET A PRODUCT FROM VIVANCO WHICH CONVERTS OPTICAL TO COAX OR COAX TO OPTICAL.THEY ARE ABOUT £30,IF YOU WANT ONE CALL SEVENOAKS IN BIRMINGHAM AND ASK FOR ADAM.

SORTED

3. Dave_W

Dave_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nice one....yeah it is 5.1 and DTS (at least it would be if it wasnt connected through the phono's :)

Thanks for the replies....I think the first one at £60 would be too much but £30 should be fine.

4. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26