Convincing work colleagues to purchase Xbox 360.

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by corh5, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corh5

corh5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi all,

I've been trying to convince a few friends at work to get an Xbox 360 so i can pummel them online, but sadly most of them seem to be complete Sony FANBOYS. I recieved several emails back like the one below.... Oh dear (p.s. i have nothing against Sony)

The PS3 will do extremely well cause of people like him.....

Read the dribble.......

2. Deleted member 92943

Deleted member 92943

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to make someone at work aswell get an XBox 360 but he is such a nintendo fanboy

3. Phelan

Phelan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    More fool them.

More people may have bought PS2's but all my mates who owned both the xbox and PS2 played exclusively on the xbox after a time.

4. W1zz

W1zz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Tommorrow - Cross Road, Bus, Bang :suicide:

Will you have died happy dreaming about what fun you may have had in 7 months time, or did you die happy knowing you HAD soooooo much fun for the past 5 months?

Lifes too short... Enjoy :D

5. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,893
    If they want to wait a year to experience the same quality of gameplay as the 360 on a system that is double the price then let them :rolleyes:

6. gkinghrn

gkinghrn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I would concur on the fact that if you have an Xbox AND a PS2 sooner or later you junk the PS2.... Xbox Live is what makes the Xbox far superior.. Blu-Ray on PS3??? WHo bloody cares!

7. Magus

Magus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +712
    No serioulsy guys, I think his mate has LOTS of valid points...I advise you guys to re-read the email...some really intellectual points there...some more hidden than others.

Sorry, I think Bishman's temprement has rubbed off on me.

8. mark.carline

mark.carline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    I like confusing people at work when I say that I dont play games and I got a 360 - quote "eh..why..!??" :confused: :confused:

For some reason people dont realise that the 360 is a fantastic Media Centre extender (209 quid for the core) is much better than buying a real media centre extender.

9. twistywizard

twistywizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    He may be a Sony Fanboy BUT a lot of people who replied on this thread are clearly Xbox fanboys.

Me I will own both :)

10. Golf_turbo

Golf_turbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Bill Gates isn't a thief.

Also why does he do this................................................ at the end of every sentence :confused:

Why do people get so offened another next gen console is coming out, get them both man ! :devil:

PS3 will be excellent and have some amazing games on, as does and will the X360.

More console's, more game's! :)

11. madfish_den

madfish_den

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't entirely disagree with everything the responder put, certainly i didn't go near the original xbox for exactly the (MS) reasons he put, and i liked (and still do like) the ps2.

I've made the jump to the 360 for a few reasons:
    * 3x3.2ghz processors and a v.good graphics card for the price of v.good graphics card for the pc meant i was taking money from bill gates! Yay!
    * by the time the Ps3 games have started to get the best out of it's hardware (say 6 months), the rush to get one will have died down a little and i can get one easily, in that time plenty of games that work the 360 a bit harder will be available and i can play them until the ps3 scrum has died down.
    * streaming music and pictures from the pc and to the 5.1 system gives me a free stereo in the lounge.
    * to make the best of my HD tv(s)

Denny

12. Phelan

Phelan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Not an Xbox fanboy as I don't believe loyalty to a brand does anyone any favours. Stifles innovation, manufacturers get sloppy, and consumers end up getting sub quality products.

I just think that the orignal Xbox was a superior games experience than the PS2 but the reason why the PS2 sold so well is because it had the Sony badge on it and how the Sony brand has been synonymous with entertainment for decades. The "It's Sony so it has to be good" mentality plays a major part to the lay person when picking from a range of products they may not necessarily be familiar with. I know Sony doesn't always get it right.... *looks over to my MicroMV digi camcorder on the shelf :rotfl:

13. Magus

Magus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +712
    Ermmmmmmm...I think not, the PS2 was a fantastic games console (admittidly ***** dvd player) with some original & entertaining software that superceeded the xbox in playability. I had an xbox & ps2 & I switched on my ps2 more than my xbox, mainly due to the fact that I was never big on FPS's & the xbox killer apps were FPS's. By the time the likes of Forza were released my box had died & I never replaced it...quite funny my box died on the night I rented Halo 2 from Blockbusters in an attempt to see if I would enjoy the experience second time round...never got to find out...c'est la vie!

14. Jordans Norks

Jordans Norks
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    And once there's that inevitable "must have" PS3 only game so will I :)

If the misses isn't up the duff / squeaker already popped out :eek:

15. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    i'm not a X-box or PS fanboy......i'm a PC fanboy :)

heh

i got a 360 because i got a MS Product discount voucher from work plus some argos vouchers (won them in incentives).....its a good laugh, playing PGR3 when the family are around (ie sister, her fiance and their kid) or GRAW with some of the folks from here for a giggle.....prolly get the odd game once in a while, doubt i'll buy many titles, but it is useful for picking up stuff off marketplace (ie trailers and little games)......

will i buy a PS3? only if my company gives me a nice hefty discount voucher and some more argos vouchers.....lol....

which will be better? i couldnt give a monkeys, i'm a gamer first and foremost, if i honestly felt there was enough games to justify buying one at full price i would......otherwise i'll buy upgrades for my PC as i can not only buy games cheaper for it, i can (like the new gen consoles) get upgrades/patches/new material for it, BUT, and heres the bonus for me with a PC, i can get full blown mods and even make full blown mods, or extra maps myself.....thats where the PC still beats consoles....and with companies like Valve being quite happy for people to strip down their games and rebuild them up, PC will still be around........

but for quick muckarounds or football and racing games consoles do have an advantage, but no way would i wanna pay £300 for one...lol......(as much fun as GRAW is, i still rather have a mouse and keyboard for fps...heh)

16. Boogle

Boogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Its a waste of time trying to discuss something with someone who has made up their mind in an extreme way.

Would you be able to convince someone that the Earth isn't spherical? That the sun only 'comes up' because of people's prayers to the sun god? Well to a lot of people the Playstation is similiar, it is 'the only console worth buying'.

Magus: I think you give this person too much credit ;) Its the typical argument given by almost all fanboys of the Playstation. Essentially its a repeat of what Playstation magazines say. Every magazine devoted to a single platform like to ridicule the opposing platforms while hyping their own.

Either way, it'll be a case of 'wait and see'. You may not be able to convince someone verbally, that the Earth is spherical. But you can do it with actions, such as sailing around the entire planet. Well if the PS3 has a very poor launch, and the Xbox 360 has an extremely strong series of games released at the same time, then the actions will speak much louder than any argument you could put forth.

Of course if the PS3 has a very strong launch with many excellent games - then maybe his faith in the PS3 is well placed?

Ultimately, not sticking to a single platform will always be the wisest course of action if you have the money. If not - the platform with the biggest variety might be the best option. And in that case the PS2 is the better platform right now for price of games and variety of games. Better than the Xbox? Maybe that question can't be answered to a conclusive conclusion.

17. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,295
    Anyone else getting sick of these 360 vs PS3 threads? Christ i have owned all consoles released up to now and dont really care which is supposedly better than the other. As long as Sony, MS and Nintendo continue to churn out quality games on there respective systems i couldnt give a toss!

18. fatfingers73

fatfingers73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    Yes, lets all agree the 360's the best and close this thread :thumbsup:

19. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    i know what you mean about fanboys it seems to me that most of them have been shafted by sony for 8 years and still trust sony to deliver. :rolleyes: But hey nif they want to play games on an 8 year old michine then let them - they can play BUZZ - its about all the PS2 will run these days. :rotfl:

ask a simple question: what have you/they seen running on the PS3? thats right - nothing. its all sony hype machine

Also data access times on blu ray are far higher than DVD. M$ offered the publishers a choice - high capacity disks (HD-DVD) or fast access times (DVD) - they went for the later.

Gary

20. bluevortex

bluevortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    I got an xbox 360 on launch day and have been talking about it at work to my mate ever since. He was a PS fan and maintained PS3 was the next gen console of choice, not the 360. Hmm.
    3 months on and me talking constantly about my 360: xbox live, marketplace, live arcade, Live game demos & trailers, the launch games and the lineup for 2006 - that coupled with PS3 launch slip and rumour of heavy price tag, to my supsrise he came in on monday and told me he had bought 360 premium on weekend :clap:

Job done :D He is enjoying next gen gaming now on a fantastic console. Not sitting around patiently, repeating hype created by Sony

21. bluevortex

bluevortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    To be fair it is a quality game to play with friends :rotfl:

22. Ratinho

Ratinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Pestering guys at work to buy a machine they clearly don't want to, and they are the FANBOYS?

Another amusing thread though, good wan.

23. bluevortex

bluevortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Go back and lurk in Playstation forum. Its the one covered in dust & cobwebs :rotfl:

24. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    i agree it is. but its hardly HD/21st century gaming is it :rotfl:

Gary

25. Ratinho

Ratinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Y'know, sometimes you have to wait for your point to be proven.

Sometimes it just magically appears almost immediately.

I own a 360 fella, hth.

26. krlock2

krlock2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have convinced a few people to buy a 360. i have heard the "no im waiting for the ps3" from loads of mates. oh well.

27. orange66

orange66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    interesting thread. I managed to persaude two sony hardcore fan boys onto the 360. How? I think age helped; Sonys back catalogue has got with respect, "12 years old", written all over it.

The xbox and 360 appeal to the guy with his own living room, and I think the PS2 and maybe 3 are for kids still playing in a bed room round mum and dads.

When I loaded up GRAW, went to mission 2 where you are in charge of the gatling gun leaning out of a Blackhawk, with the whole of Mexico city going to the horizon, and THEN loaded up AC/DC and Jimi Hendrix to hose people down by, well, their PS2's just became door stops. I now play them on Live. One said he will still get a PS3, as will I, but the other has jumped ship totally.

28. Ratinho

Ratinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Y'see, back that up now, and i'll take it seriously.

And i've no issue with anyone owning/talking/raving about any console. It's the muppets forcing their mostly nonsensical opinion on how their is just the bestest lolz rofl yada, that I can't stomach.

29. bluevortex

bluevortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    lol. know what ya mean :D

30. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,371
    At the end of the day, Fanboys are the losers. I just laugh at them personally :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.