1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conviction on BBC3

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by smelly, Nov 3, 2004.

1. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Has anyone heard anything good about this? The write ups I've seen don't seem bad.

The only thing is that its on Sunday @9pm and again @10pm. I've already got two lots of stuff recording on Sky+ then.... I was wondering whether it was worth shuffling things around or if anyone knows whether its repeated? I've had a look but can't see it later in the week.

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    Another bloody cop show . Nice to see the BBC progressing in its drama department.

3. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    i'm quite looking forward to this one, make a hange from my usual diet of US cops shows (boomtown, the shield, NYPD Blue, CSI etc etc)

I'm sure it will be repeated -its on BBC 3 after all :D

Gary

4. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Its a fair point...but if you had a choice what would you like to see? I'm not a very creative person so have no clue what they could write instead - any brill ideas? :)

5. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    Thousands but I'm a little busy making feature films at the moment and couldn't take the pay cut to go and work for the BBC.

Although I am chasing the rights to a couple of novels : one of which is set in Glasgow and could no doubt get some funding from BBC Scotland.

The other one is/was owned by 20th Century Fox but they are still tryiing to figure out if they own the rights to the story , the title or only the film they made of it 27 years ago.

6. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Wasn't expecting you to be so closely involved :) Hope you get lucky with the rights to the novels that you're after.

So what do you consider to be good drama at the moment then? I have to admit that I like the wide variety that Sky offers and that includes the usual cop shows :D There is a lot of rubbish out there but quite a lot of enjoyable stuff too - some of which won't win any awards but its entertaining and I suppose they have to cover as many different tastes as they can to get the viewers. One persons fave show is anothers nightmare.

7. brushd

brushd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. Martian Phil

Martian Phil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Saw this on Sunday night and thought it was a top notch drama - it may have been about cops but it certainly wasn't the Bill. First 20 mins was a bit undecided, but then the story took off. Can't wait til next weeks.
    It's 2 thumbs up :thumbsup: