Conviction of Demjanjuk

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
I'd of took a bullet to the head rather than watch hundreds and thousands of human beings being lined up to be gassed, shot, tortured etc etc.

Irrespective of his ill-health he has lived a good life knowing what he did was wrong an inhumane, he should hang by his neck until his life is over, then spend eternity in hell.

BB

Citizen J

I watched the report of this on Channel 4 news with great interest. I am not sure how legitimate some of the claims of being coerced into being a guard at the death camps are, it seems a teanous argument allowing participants to deny full responsibility.

What I find interesting is the fact that at the age of 91 he has been released pending an appeal. He has been found guilty and should face the consequences immediately irrespective of his age IMO.

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I'd of took a bullet to the head rather than watch hundreds and thousands of human beings being lined up to be gassed, shot, tortured etc etc.
Would you? Really? Have you ever faced death like that?

Not having a serious dig, but none of us really know what we would have done in the same position. Whilst I could never condone what was done, maybe this man has also spent the rest of his life wishing away the thoughts of what he did, tortured by it until he dies.

Berties

Banned

Many Jews themselves did work assisting in the day to day running of the camp, the worst jobs like shifting the corpses. Either that or they would get shot. Should the Jews themselves be prosecuted for assisting in the genocide?

pandemic

Considering he would have been 12 or 13 when the Nazis took power of Germany. Then basically brainwashed into their ideals under Nazi youth, etc. Then at the age of 23 ordered by his "country" to carry out an horrific act. I'd wager very few in his position would not have done the same.

Phil57

Considering he would have been 12 or 13 when the Nazis took power of Germany. Then basically brainwashed into their ideals under Nazi youth, etc. Then at the age of 23 ordered by his "country" to carry out an horrific act. I'd wager very few in his position would not have done the same.

Demjanjuk was Ukraine-born, not German. He was a Soviet soldier, so he therefore was not 'ordered' by his 'country' to carry out the horrific act.
Yes, I very much agree with your last sentence.

Berties

Banned
If I had a family in the camp, and the commander said if I worked shifting bodies my family would be spared? Probably do it.

I don't think it's right everyone should be prosecuted who worked there. They had no say or choose not to work, hell probably the commanders would be shot too (after being ordered back to Berlin)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom