convertxtodvd burning problem

kulkul

Standard Member
I have the latest version of convertXto DVD and I have always used this programme however lately when I burn a DVD with 2 films the end of the second one never burns the ending. In burning on the programme it is set to MAX and this also happened with the last version including when burning set to x16. I am using Verbatim DVDs – DVD-R 4.7 16x 120. This is becoming expensive in DVds as you can imagine.

Gavtech

Administrator
I have the latest version of convertXto DVD and I have always used this programme however lately when I burn a DVD with 2 films the end of the second one never burns the ending. In burning on the programme it is set to MAX and this also happened with the last version including when burning set to x16. I am using Verbatim DVDs – DVD-R 4.7 16x 120. This is becoming expensive in DVds as you can imagine.
Welcome to the forum.

This sort of problem, if happening occasionally, is often caused by fingerprints and handling marks on the outside edge of the disc which is where the the final areas of recording are recorded.

If happening regularly, it is often caused by a batch problem of discs which have poor uneven dye distribution [ sometimes detectable in certain light ].
If other disc types/ batches also exhibit the problem then this is unlikely to be the cause.

Otherwise the laser sled may becoming sticky and struggling to reach the outside of the disc.

I think it is unlikely to have anything to do with the software.

Assuming this is in a desktop PC, it may be worth getting a new drive.
Pioneer PC drives have an excellent reputation.

Metalhead Pete

I had exactly the same problem.It was Slysoft's AnyDVD,if you have the latest version of ConvertXtoDVD it actually tells you to disable AnyDVD as it causes a conflict with VSO's burning engine.It worked fine once I had done this.

Gavtech

Administrator
I had exactly the same problem.It was Slysoft's AnyDVD,if you have the latest version of ConvertXtoDVD it actually tells you to disable AnyDVD as it causes a conflict with VSO's burning engine.It worked fine once I had done this.
Thanks for that useful info.

Strange that a conflict does not occur until late into the burning.

Metalhead Pete

Thanks for that useful info.

Strange that a conflict does not occur until late into the burning.
Yeah,I thought that.

On my system it was almost as though the program hung as it finalised the disc ?.As I mentioned earlier,disabling AnyDVD as VSO suggested cured the problem for me.If this is not the case in this instance the OP could always use another program such Nero etc. to burn the folder,see if that makes any difference ?.This is what I did until I discovered the route of the problem.

Hope this helps :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom