• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Converting Video to Ipad

banyantree

I wish to convert a few Kid's DVD's "Sesame St" etc. to my Ipad, so my son can watch in the car. I have AV Player on my Ipad so can watch any format.
I don't mind paying for the software but must be fast and easy to use. I would like the DVD in one chapter rather than individually.
Appreciate any recommendations.

bpsmith

Distinguished Member
HB is great. IVI is good too if you want to rip DVD's in the same App and add MetaData.

South Pole Software are the company who make it.

interbear

I have the same requirement.

Would rip DVDs using my iMac so would you recommend Handbrake or IVI?

Looking for the simplest way of doing this, happy enough to pay for the app.

PeterH988

I have the same requirement.

Would rip DVDs using my iMac so would you recommend Handbrake or IVI?

Looking for the simplest way of doing this, happy enough to pay for the app.

Both will do virtually the same thing for ripping, iVI will also track down the cover art, actor list, etc and add it in as well.

Buy iVI direct from the website listed above. The App store version doesn't do ripping.

interbear

Both will do virtually the same thing for ripping, iVI will also track down the cover art, actor list, etc and add it in as well.

Buy iVI direct from the website listed above. The App store version doesn't do ripping.

Thanks. I will go explore IVI.

banyantree

i own a Dell with Windows 7. Which software would you recommend for this?

bpsmith

Distinguished Member
Totally agree. Its IVI for me on the Mac, with HandBrake as my second choice. HandBrake for sure on Windows. It really is great!

banyantree

I downloaded handbrake however it won't convert the DVD files. I assume because they are copy protected. I bought the original DVD however I wish to view on my ipad. Can I use another software ( the free ones usually watermark then converted file or limit the time) to rip the DVD,s?
Appreciate any recommendations.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom