Converting video to 360 with MeGUI

O

onemeg

Hi;

I have got media files (various formats etc) which I want to convert to 360 compatible formats.

These will then be streamed from a NAS drive using Twonky (i.e. no MCE / Media Centre etc).

MP3s and jpegs are working great - video is the problem.

I've been messing with MeGUI for a week or so and just can't get the 360 to be happy with the output. I've followed a couple of different walkthroughs but 360 just doesn't want to know and I'm wondering if it's cos I'm not running from Media Player?

Anyhow, anyone got any tips?

Alternatively, can someone recommend an all singing all dancing freeware video conversion software which will take anything you throw at it and enable me to convert to 360 compat files???

Cheers for any help.:thumbsup:

sinizterguy

Novice Member
XVid/divx work straightaway. MKV2VOB for converting MKVs (I think it works for 360 as well as PS3).

What other formats would need handling ?

TVersity has on the go media conversion to stream to consoles - might do what you need ?

O

onemeg

mine won't - I'm using the x264 codec and ND-AAC for Audio and 360 doesn't want to know....

I've tinkered about with the settings and no joy - v. frustrating!

What default settings for (re)encoding do I need for XVid / divx to work on 360?

Indiana Jones

XVid/divx work straightaway. MKV2VOB for converting MKVs (I think it works for 360 as well as PS3).

What other formats would need handling ?

TVersity has on the go media conversion to stream to consoles - might do what you need ?
MKV2VOB is just for PS3 at the moment as the 360 wont read raw .mpg or .vob files at present.

You can instead try a program called GOTsent, that creates 360 compatibile files.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom