Converting to 110v

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by thedoc46, Mar 10, 2004.

1. thedoc46

thedoc46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hiya,

I'm moving over to the USA. I've got some decent hifi and I'm wondering whether anyone knows if it's possible to get any of it converted so that I can use it over in the states.

Stuff like my dvd player and consoles I'll just get rid of and re-buy them when I'm out there.

However I know I won't get much for my Yamaha DSP-A1 or my Arcam CD72T on the 2nd hand market. Plus I'd need to re-buy them, i was wondering whether (even if it's possible) and cheaper to get them properely converted ??

Does anyone know or recommend any place that'll be able to do such a conversion ?

Cheers

Alternativly a power transformer ? Would that affect the sound quality though ? I'm not too keen on that idea..

2. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    This is easy to change via internal fuses. Our service dept can advise or audiophile systems once you get to the USA. The usual safety warnings about mains voltages etc apply!!

Arcam receivers have a 110/230V switch on the back.

HTH.

John Dwaon (Arcam)

3. thedoc46

thedoc46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you don't know how happy that's made me feel

:clap: :clap: :clap: