Converting RF to IR is there a workaround

MSW

Distinguished Member
I have a digital remote control Shower (made by a company called GROHE - Not that I've every heard of them).

This show came with a small remote (which is great - In a morning I press a button and it turns shower on, e.g. it's all ready by the time we anyone gets into bathroom.

However, I'm thinking that a proper CI job would have found a way to get the "on / off commands" onto my main remote control (TSU9400).

Anybody any ideas?????????? Or, is it not possible

Mark

vex

Novice Member
Grohe are only one of the larger, quality shower manufacturers in the world!

Are you sure the remote is RF? and do you know what frequency it operates on?

In theory a call to the UK office or even head office shoudl give you what you need. Maybe even access to the codes. You'll never know if you don't try to blag it.

I tried once and ended up with a complete radio station for a student 4 week RSL licence.

Go on, try it.

V.

MSW

Distinguished Member
Grohe are only one of the larger, quality shower manufacturers in the world!

Are you sure the remote is RF? and do you know what frequency it operates on?

In theory a call to the UK office or even head office shoudl give you what you need. Maybe even access to the codes. You'll never know if you don't try to blag it.

I tried once and ended up with a complete radio station for a student 4 week RSL licence.

Go on, try it.

V.
Not sure if it is RF (just assumed it was - what else could it be - Blue Tooth - surely not)

Well as you say I've noting to lose. I may try E-mail in the first instance.

Thanks for the response.

Mark

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom