Converting RCA to BNC for turntable to receiver connection

flyerhawk

Novice Member
Hi guys,

We just moved into a new place that has in wall wiring and speakers for a surround system. The receiver is in a backcloset where all the wiring runs to. Other than the speaker wiring there is also ethernet and coax running back to the closet. I would like to convert the RCA output of the phonograph to BNC and then back to RNC in the closet. I only have a single coax line I can use though.

What is my best approach? Is there a converter that will switch from stereo RCA to single line coax? I have a RCA to 3.5 cable already. I could potentially do RCA --->> 3.5mm --->> BNC but I'm not sure if that would cause any line problems.

To be clear I'm not that concerned about it being high fidelity. The albums we have are mostly old and we play them more for the feel than the high fidelity. But I do want it to sound decent. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
CPC offer RCA to BNC connectors which are simple adaptors. Can I ask where this cable goes as it could be for an old projector if there are three with have the primary RGB coloured leads, or if its a single one, if could be for a set-top boxes which send TV signals from a hub somewhere in the house to the relevant room. You might also find it could be an from a Broadband supplier as the likes of Virgin/Nynex or another supplier which uses this style of connection

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Which Turntable do you have?

Which AVR do you have?

How long are the installed Coax and Ethernet (CAT5?) cables?

Joe

flyerhawk

Novice Member
So answer some questions. This is a new apartment with new wiring. The wall to meet me room is probably around 40-50 feet.

The problem is that I only have Cat-6, one coax with a bnc and the HDMI I'm using for the Arc connection from the TV to the receiver which is in the meet me room.

Turntable is pro-ject T1 with pre-amp
AVT is a Yamaha TSR-700

I also have a Sonos playbar that I already have that is at the TV that I could, potentially use. I could convert the RCA to Spdif.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
TT Pre-amp > AVR Line in - I'd look for a Stereo Audio over CAT powered extender set.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom