Question Converting old VHS to DVD

davidrichards27

Novice Member
Hi Guys

Not sure if this is the right place to post this?

I am looking for the most cost effective (cheap) method to connect my old VHS recorder to my laptop to transfer some old tapes to digital.
The VHS only has a scart output and I wondered if there is a simple Scart to USB cable available?
I usually shop on Amazon so if anyone might be anyone be to point me to one in there I would be really grateful.
Techy stuff is not really my forte!!

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
David

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
Hi, with VHS being analogue and USB being digital, a simple cable cannot do the job but, go to Amazon and do a search for "DIGITNOW! Video Grabber Capture Card Transfer TV / Hi8 / VHS to DVD, VHS Digital Converter with Scart Adaptor and RCA Cable" which will do what you you are looking for. At £23.99 it's a pretty well priced solution.

Seb Briggs

As above you may well try the cheaper DIGITNOW version, and with Amazon if it doesnt work then just return it and try the AverMedia one.

I only recommended the Avermedia as used their products before but the DIGITNOW may well do the job just as well, the software bundled with Avermedia does allow editing as well but that may not be important to you

Amazon product

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom