1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting MOV - MPEG

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by mcfarfs, Jul 15, 2005.

1. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi there, does anybody know of a program I could use to convert an MOV file into MPEG, WMV or another more versatile and common format?

Cheers.

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    .MOV is not a compression in itself, it can apply to so many other foramts within quicktime. For example if the person encoding the clip has selected export as a quicktime but using the avi codec, the file will still be called an .MOV rather than a .AVI, it is often simply a case of changng the file extension (it will never be WMV, but try .mp4, try .avi) I can whole heartedly recommend QUICKTIME PRO, for £20 you can author in pretty much any general codec you want, or can import .MOV's for exports under many many standards (I would doubt that real and wmv are supported, will have to check) which should be universal to media player and real.
    You should also make sure you have the latest versions of the player you wish to use.

3. darrery

darrery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    imtoo mpeg encoder is a versatile video and audio converter. Support converting MOV, WMV, AVI, MPEG, etc.

4. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I use WinAVI 6 for my Olympus camera MOV files. Nice and easy converts just about anything with a very small footprint. :thumbsup:

5. Dr Diversity

Dr Diversity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used the trial version yesterday to convert Star Wars - Revelations to a VCD format only to discover it has a nag screen overlaying the picture for the whole show. Apart from that it worked fine, though it slugged my PC for 30 minutes

6. thebrummy_one

thebrummy_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    How odd, I've just this morning read the 'help desk' section of Digital Video. This self same issue was addressed there :eek: Up shot is they recomend Canopus Procoder Express at £49. They did also include a warning that footage taken from a stills camera would be poor when played back on anything other than a web cam broadcast.

7. driver8

driver8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  8. cave

cave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I use a freeware prog called RAD Video Tools. It does not put a watermark on the rendered file and so far has worked fine for me. www.radgametools.com

kevin