• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Converting IR to RF (315Mhz)

Dave FR PD130

Established Member
Hi guys,

I've done some searching and read a few useful/interesting posts, however none have fully solved my problem.

I have the L5 remote app for the iPhone and am trying to find a way to make it control my electronic projector screen.

The iPhone app uses an IR dongle, but the projector screen uses an RF remote control.

I can see people have had success using Powermids and learning remotes, however the Powermids are 433Mhz and I believe my RF remote is 315MHz (the screen is an Ally 100" electric one from ebay/china). Therefore I don't think the Powermids will suffice for this challenge.

Does anyone know of a similar device that may work? Or can anyone think of an alternative solution?

One other method i was thinking, was to get some sort of IR receiver which I could connect up to the RF remote for the screen, so when the IR receiver, receives a IR signal, it essentially "presses" the buttons on the RF remote, which will in turn make the RF remote lower/raise the screen.

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom