Converting HD mkv file

tbur23

Standard Member
Hi everybody,

I posted a quiestion similar to this a few days back but havent got a reply so i hope somebody can help. i'm looking for a way to convert a high definition MKV file into an alternative high definition format. i'm afraid i'm not to clued up on which formats can accomodate full HD but its to play in my abigs 570s. therefore WMV9, DIXHD would work but can it be done as an AVI or VOB keeping the quality?

i'm sorry for my lack of knowledge - i have tried the eright soft program but when converted to AVI with higest video and audio settings, the file come out four times smaller and obviously nowhere near as crisp.

any help is hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

tim

parky43007

tbur23

Standard Member
thanks so much for the reply - really appreciated!

so VOB will retin the quality (more or less)?

I'l check the link now.

Thanks again

parky43007

Resolution is maintained - the produced files are quite big though! (2X's a typical mkv file)

jet_andy

I'm trying to do the same thing so that I can play the mkv downloads on my Linksys Media centre Extender (DMA2100), although I'm hoping that they may add mkv support to it in the future. Through Google I've come up with several different options. I'm trying out a few at the moment and I'll post on how successful they are. Hadn't found mkv2vob although I've been searching for converters to Xvid or WMV.

Any more info would be appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom