Converting FLAC to MP3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by adriandg, Jan 14, 2008.

1. adriandg

adriandg
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all

I know this question has been asked a lot of times, But what is the best program for converting FLAC to MP3?

I've got a folder on my NAS that contains all the FLACs in sub folders and I want to batch convert them to MP3 into another folder with the same sub folders but as MP3s instead of FLACs. Can this be done?

Also as I'm using a Sonos all the FLAC sub folders have a jpg file in them so I can display the artwork on the Sonos. Would I be able to embed these at the same time as they are being batch converted to MP3?

Cheers

2. GiganticDays

GiganticDays

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Don't know about embedding jpegs but I've found dbPowerAmp is a good tool for audio conversion and also features batch conversion. It can be downloaded from www.dbpoweramp.com

3. adriandg

adriandg
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just downloaded this program now, the free version, and it will batch convert, but it puts them all in one folder. To maintain your folder structure ie putting them into the same sub folders that they were in their original format you have to use the dynamic setting, which is only available in the reference version, which you have to pay for.

Are there any programs out the that can do this but without parting with any of my hard earned cash?

4. jisis

jisis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0