Converting Dvd Movies To 3d??? It Must Be Possible

nero0410

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been looking into trying to convert my DVD movies from 2-d to 3-d.(Using the red and green 3d glasses)

So far I have come across various ways and programs to convert your photo's/pictures to 3D, eg:

HERE (might have to find some 3d glasses for this)

If it is possible to convert pictures into 3D just by shifting red and green into the image, surley there is (or at least will be) a way to do the same with our own movies?? Just think how great that would be on your tv/projector or plasma!!

Please help me look into this and find out where sells 3d movies in the first place and how/if we can convert our own movies using some form of software

Any ideas/ comments/ suggestions would be greatly appriciated

tris

I think Amazon.com sells 3D Dvd's, but I read that they don't work on plasmas so did not look into it any further.

Type 3D in the search and you get quite a few hits

johndickinson said:
I think Amazon.com sells 3D Dvd's, but I read that they don't work on plasmas so did not look into it any further.

Type 3D in the search and you get quite a few hits

Ok thank you very much for the advice. I know they sell the Amityville 3 3-d dvd, and I know there is a japanese titanic documentry about too.

I wonder if they work with lcd projectors then?? I'll have a look at a 3-d image I have on it later.

tris

It would take too long and too much disk space to render that whole effect you are talking about over a film, what you might be able to do is find an old vision mixer that offers DVE effects live, then perhaps you couuld turn the effect on or off as you go

or buy 2 CRT projectors and defocus the lens...............seen this done for a SG 3d video system for VR very very nice this was 6-7 years ago and the SG machine was £3 million, so a cheap PC will probably do it now!

yoskiwoski : Seen that shrek 3D, I'll pick it up at some point.

I have the time and the space to do it, just need to find out what (if anything) could do it. Maybe some camcorder software with different effects in it, or somthing of the like.

How much and where would I look into buying one of these vision mixers?? That would be pretty handy if I could get one cheap enough and find out how to work it.

hornydragon : lmao, you gotta be kidding me. I expect that would work great, but two major draw backs
1. I would never be able to afford it.

and

2.I WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO AFFORD IT.

:) Nice idea though.

tris

Found it ( couple of ways to do it), but dont understand it going with either of these methods (what kind of files to use etc.... avi, mpeg,)

Any one care to have a go?? :D

EDIT: Forgot to put where: HERE

tris

my television (sony wega kf-42sx300) allows you to shift the r, g, or b to the left or right, which i imagine would give the 3d effect as long as you adjusted the colour on the tv as well so that the blue isn't visible through the blue lense and the red isn't visible through the red. I hadn't thought of trying this till you mentioned it, so maybe i'll give it a go some time :)

marc_angelus said:
my television (sony wega kf-42sx300) allows you to shift the r, g, or b to the left or right, which i imagine would give the 3d effect as long as you adjusted the colour on the tv as well so that the blue isn't visible through the blue lense and the red isn't visible through the red. I hadn't thought of trying this till you mentioned it, so maybe i'll give it a go some time :)

I thought of trying that with my projector at some point, but not sure if it does it (and scared that it would stay like it if I did)

Might have to have a check :)

tris

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom