• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

converting divx so i can ply on normal dvd player

A

alexef88

hi there,

i have just got some episodes of THE OC from a friend and they are in divx format. they run on my pc but not on my dvd player, is there any way of converting them into a format to do this.

any help welcome
thanks alot

Chookcha

Standard Member
Hi,
divx format can be converted to play on a dvd player but you need to download some software.
A company called 1Click have some software called DivxtoDVD.I have not used this but i have used their CopytoDVD software which is brilliant,they have great customer support and their own forum to seek advice and ask questions. http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers also has information on just about anything you need to know about DVD related subects.Go to their site and click on the forum down the left hand page and then down to DVD to AVI,MP4,WMV,S/VCD.
Hope this is some help.
Tony.

F

Flyer_SG

I agree, it is a superb piece of program, made by French company VSO, now it is called ConvertXtoDVD. It even has an option to add subtitle stream (language of your choice, even multiple subtitle streams, for more language options). First I would suggest you to check whether the subtitles work correctly (in BS Player), if not you can always correct them with Subtitle Workshop. Second, I would suggest to select DVD-9 as output option. The program will then create a dual layer DVD folder image, which you can then reduce with DVD-Shrink (with deep analysis option enabled) to fit on DVD-4.7 This way you will get a far better picture quality. It's really a simple yet excellent software.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom