Converting Digital to Analogue

froyjb

Novice Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me I have a Panasonic DMR-85H DVD Video Recorder & now we've gone from Analogue to Digital I don't want to throw my DVD out, so is there anyway I can convert Digital to Analogue so I can still receive and copy TV Channel Programmes please thank you, I must add I've recently bought a
SCART - HDMI Scaler Converter without any success ???? Anyone please help

Last edited:
What exactly are you trying to do and please give the brand and model no of your (new?) TV.

Hi Jaycee & thank you for replying our Make of TV is a 50" Samsung & is just on 5 yrs I'm trying to receive Digital TV Channels through my Analogue Panasonic DVD Video Recorder with out any success, I purchased a Scart-HDMI Scaler Converter off Amazon but either I'm doing something wrong or it doesn't work, can you help me ? please thank you

First things first...please confirm the model of DVDR, I think you've left out a digit.
Is it a DMR-EX85H? It's printed on the front panel and a label on the rear.
Also, model no of your TV?, you'll find it printed on a label on the rear.

Hi Jaycee I've sent you Photos of the Label from the back of my TV plus a picture off the front of the DVD operators manual I hope these help thank you.

Attachments

• 15716924355137052877419132194979.jpg
    15716924355137052877419132194979.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 38
  • 15716924764045746115312731198610.jpg
    15716924764045746115312731198610.jpg
    972.9 KB · Views: 36
The only way you can record on that recorder is to buy a cheap Freeview box with scart output and connect it to the scart input on the recorder, but in all honesty why bother when you can buy a Freeview recorder with a hard drive reasonably cheaply these days.
Why did you buy the scart to HDMI convertor?

Good Morning Jaycee,
We have a Satellite Box, which doesn't have a Scart access point but I'll take your advice on board, thank for taking time out to try & bring a solution to my problem.
Take Care
froyjb

Take Car

The only way you can record on that recorder is to buy a cheap Freeview box with scart output and connect it to the scart input on the recorder, but in all honesty why bother when you can buy a Freeview recorder with a hard drive reasonably cheaply these days.
Why did you buy the scart to HDMI convertor?
I bought the Converter under advisement ?

Good Morning Jaycee,
We have a Satellite Box, which doesn't have a Scart access point but I'll take your advice on board, thank for taking time out to try & bring a solution to my problem.
Take Care
froyjb

Take Car

Are you wanting to keep the recordings or is it just time shifting to watch later?

If non permanent then you could get a satellite recorder as an all in one box or FreeView as poet JayCee's post.

I bought the Converter under advisement ?

HDMI video unlike SCART can only go from the source to the display. If you have bought the SCART to HDMI converter so you can put the the DVD recorder on your TV, then it might work (HDMI can be fickle). However if you bought it to take the picture from the tv (or satellite box) to the recorder it won't work and you were ill advised.

Unfortunately I think you could end up spending more money than necessary to get a solution that might not be very good anyway and result in a loss quality going down the conversion route. I appreciate that might mean recycling the recorder.

If you can describe your needs e.g. Permanently record tv, play previously recorded DVDs etc and a rough budget then we might be able to suggest a better solution.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom