• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Converting cooker from LPG back to Gas

steveizz

Established Member
Hi Team, we have been giving a 5 year old Rangemaster 110 which the previous owners had converted to LPG as they lived in non gas supplied area, we need to convert the beast back again, i found packs on the internet for nozzles which need to be changed and just wondered if anyone has had any experience in either convert? is it something i can do simply? the over is Electric BTW so its only the hobs.

thanks
Steve

IronGiant

You can change the nozzles over easily enough, but you then need to alter the airflow so that the gas is burned efficiently. Again, the mechanics of that are easy enough, but you should get a qualified technician to either do it or check that you have adjusted the flame correctly. Failing to do that correctly could create a carbon monoxide hazard.

IronGiant

As I said it's a simple/quick job, so if you have to pay a Gas Safe engineer to come in to test it you may as well get them to do it and get better value for money from the visit.

aerodynamic18

Distinguished Member
Sorry to jump on this thread but I have a question. We are buying a house that currently has a gas hob that runs on bottles of gas. We know that there is a newly installed boiler and therefore mains gas run into the property. Can we get the gas joined to the old cooker or would it need the work done that’s mentioned above?

IronGiant

Yes, you will need to get the jets changed and the airflow rebalanced on each burner.

aerodynamic18

Distinguished Member
A squillion billion pounds.

Only joking, I don't know but don't assume you've got mains gas just because there's a boiler. They can run off oil and lpg :)
ah I have seen the gas box so I know its mains so all good that way :)

aerodynamic18

Distinguished Member
I don't know, sorry. I looked into it and decided it was easier to buy a cooker with the right jets in it in the first place.
yea I might just leave it. We plan on an extension so will sort the cooker out at that point. Just never have had a cooker that runs on bottles before....bar a bbq lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom