Converting 8mm tape to dvd

DannyB79

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

What would be the best way of getting a "few" 8mm camcorder tapes converted to a usable format like DVD. My father was burgled and they took his old camcorder and left him some unusable but very sentimentally valuable tapes.

I would love to be able to surprise him with something for Christmas time.

Your help is much appreciated!

Hi Chris

Do you know this company or know of anyone using them? I'll have to get an exact tape count and see what the cost will be.

Thank you ever so much for your help and taking the time to reply!

Danny

Hi Chris

Do you know this company or know of anyone using them? I'll have to get an exact tape count and see what the cost will be.

Thank you ever so much for your help and taking the time to reply!

Danny

No danny i dot know this firm personaly but it looks a fair place,you could look up other places on google .best of luck Chris

There are plenty of companies that do this sort of transfer as a Google search will reveal. Two that have been recommended to me (although I've not yet used them) are:-

www.timeless-moments.co. uk

and

www.dejavuvideo.co.uk

The first is more expensive but does work for the film/video industry so its quality is probably guaranteed.

Richard

Thanks Richard!

YES i suggested google,i think they all are pretty good now but a quote and one like i showed does specalise in 8mm video.

I would have thought an 8mm camcorder would have a very low resale value in burglars' circles :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom