Convert VHS to DVD VHS play in accelerate

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by mokas, Jan 1, 2007.

Tags:
  1. mokas

mokas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i asked here a year ago about a problem about USA > EU format and you resolved my problem in 5 min so i ask for another one of this king

A friend of mine from USA send me few VHS tape with Live he recorded from TV and asked me to transfert to DVD, 3 of them worked fine (i make them read on my Philips VHS VR 550 and record on my Pioneer DVR 220) but for one the VHS play in accelerate, i asked him if he had this problem he said he checked the VHS just before sent to me and they all worked fine, i doubt this is a NTSC PAL problem because i can read both NTSC or PAL generally, any idea how to resolve this problem ?

Thank's ;)

2. Analogue

Analogue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not quite sure what you mean by "play in accellerate". If you mean it runs fast with squeaky voices then I seem to remember from somewhere way back that NTSC half speed VHS tapes (ie VHS-LP 6-8 hr format) will not play on European VCR's that are NTSC playback capable. The NTSC play back facility was only developed to enable Europeans and othe PAL/Secam area users to play pre-recorded movies etc bought in the USA/Japan which of course are all standard speed.

Thus if this is a half speed NTSC tape your Philips VR550 may just play it at normal speed thus giving the speeded up motion

3. mokas

mokas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Play in accellerate mean play too fast, look like the problem you describe, but then why the 3 others tapes he send me worked fine with my Philips player ? :eek:

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,253
    Maybe only this ONE tape was recorded using half speed (VHS-LP aka Long Play) by him and the rest were Standard Play and so were OK ??

5. mokas

mokas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll ask him now and see