• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Convert Single Garage to Home Cinema

lanstrom

Anybody have an idea how much it would cost to convert a single garage into a home cinema room ?

Currently I have an integrated single garage with up and over door. I would like to keep the door so it looks like a normal garage from the outside. I would require the inside blocking up (concrete blocks) and then everything insulating (for warmth and sound).

Hopefully I have put this in the right thread. Didn't want to put it in DIY as I can't do it myself ;-)

Thanks.

the_gavnor

To convert a single garage into a liveable "office" space; including insulating, boarding & plastering, the brick work you mention etc... I would suggest would be around £8k depending on finish

lanstrom

To convert a single garage into a liveable "office" space; including insulating, boarding & plastering, the brick work you mention etc... I would suggest would be around £8k depending on finish

OK thanks for that.

I had actually been given a rough quote by a builder but I wanted to make sure he was in the right ball park. Your guess is amazingly close !

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom