Convert HDD title to audio CD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MiniRoll, Jun 20, 2005.

1. MiniRoll

MiniRoll
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Not sure if this the right place for this, but here goes anyway....

I recorded a radio show from Sky to my HDD. I would now like to get it on to an audio CD.

Any ideas how I can do this?

2. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    1. If you have a CD writer in your hi-fi, connect the DVD recorder audio-out to the CD recorder audio-in. But i expectyou've thought of this if you have an audio CD burner.

2. Connect the DVD recorder audio-out to your PC line-in (you'll need an RCA to 2.5mm minijack cable) and use the PC to create a .WAV file then burn it to a CD. Windows recorder is not really any good for this as it has to be fiddled to make it record more than 30 secs.

If you have Nero CD burner, it contains a Wave Editor which will create the .WAV file you need.
    If you don't have Nero, you can download a trial version (15 days) from http://www.nero.com/eng/nero-prog.php package 1.
    You'll need access to the Windows Volume Control "Record Volume" to select the correct input. Open the Volume Control, click Options, Properties, then the Radio Button for Recording and you can select the recording source (Line-in). Deselect all the others to prevent interference.
    Finally, burn the .WAV file to a CD, ensuring you specify Audio CD, Disk-at- once, and Finalise. (Nero will look after this for you if you specify Audio CD)

Note: If you don't have Windows Volume Control on the taskbar (System Tray) then go to Start, Settings, Control Pane, Sounds and Multimedia, and check the "Show volume control on the taskbar " box on the Sounds tab to get it there

If you plan to do this on a regular basis there are various other Wave Editors of varying complexity, or you can purchase Nero

3. MiniRoll

MiniRoll
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Many thanks eddyad - I'll give it a try.

4. trainspotter

trainspotter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Good call, I was looking to do exactly the same thing with my recording of U2 from Radio2 on saturday

5. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Sorry - I meant an RCA to 3.5mm stereo minijack cable, not 2.5mm

Attached Files: