1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert Cyrus 2 for PSX?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by MikeFish, Jul 14, 2005.

1. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know how to uncover the socket atthe back of a Cyrus 2 to allow it to be used with a PSX? I can't seem to shift the bugger!
    I know I need to remove the 2 internal fuses, but is there anything else I need to do?
    I've already check the unnofficialcyrus website and it says to get a Cyrus technician to do it.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I rang Cyrus's Technical Department and they were very helpful.
    Just in case anybody else wants to know, I was told it can be quite difficult to remove, especially if it's been sitting in there for 15 years or so.
    It's just a case of lifting it out, a small bladed scredriver or thin nose pliers should do the trick.

3. audio_fan

audio_fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting a used Cyrus 2 + PSX combo shortly and can email inside pics when the amps arrive. I currently only have the Cyrus 2, driving the Apogee LCR ribbon hybrids.

BTW, does anyone have the manual for these units ? They're not available on Cyrus' website. If you have a copy, can please email me a copy the_apogee(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Many thanks !