Convert aerial coax RF to .....

sharkoftheland

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a Skybox on the ground floor, connected to a TV by HDMI. From the Sky box, a coax RF cable takes a signal upstairs to a second TV. I have just bought a new TV upstairs and the only 'RF in' is used for a Freeview aerial. There are several other inputs (HDMI, AV, USB, Ethernet, etc); is there a converter I can get that will take the coax RF signal coming up from the Sky box and convert it for input to one of the other inputs?

A simple coax splitter widely available will solve your problem.
Aerial into one input, coax feed from your Sky box into the other and it then plugs into the TV's aerial input.
Amazon product ASIN B00O7P0MKC

As above, except don't use the device and cables plugged into the TV input socket direct... It will be a heavy strain on it. Use it via a cable extender !

NB the splitter used as a combiner will lose 4dB (a bit over half) on both aerial and $ky RF out signals.

$ky will be fine, but the aerial may or may not.

An all metal shielded style would be preferred to the plastic which may be less well constructed and screened. Splitter - internal 2 way CoAx type - A.T.V. Poles, Brackets, Clamps & Aerials and Triax is a good brand.
or use F-plugs and make adapter leads where needed... Splitter - internal F connector type c/w plugs - A.T.V. Poles, Brackets, Clamps & Aerials

However, you may want to convert the coaxial plug to an RCA plug for some connections, such as hooking up a DVD recorder or VCR between the cable or satellite box and your television. This conversion is possible by using an adapter that is available at electronics stores.

However, you may want to convert the coaxial plug to an RCA plug for some connections, such as hooking up a DVD recorder or VCR between the cable or satellite box and your television. This conversion is possible by using an adapter that is available at electronics stores.
That isn’t possible.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom