Conversion from Home Cinema to Stereo Audio, Dual Sub Amp Replacement.

Eng0643

Novice Member
Hi,
We are currently in the process of changing over a redundant outside Home cinema system to a stereo audio system.

Currently there is a Denon 4011 series AVR driving 2x rear speakers Sonance XTR, Pair front L/R speakers Sonance VP65R-XT, 1x left sub and 1 x right sub Sonance VPXT8R, the subs are powered by Sonance Virtuoso amps, 1 per speaker. There is also a front centre speaker, Sonance VP65R-XT.

I believe that because of the mismatch between speakers and AVR, the whole system has been over driven, the XTR speakers are failing as are the two virtuoso amps, they crackle as soon as you move any of the rotary knobs. Ive checked the subwoofer speakers and they are fine.

I havent been given a lot of options as for changing equipment, I have been told to stick as closely with whats there, and handed an ArcamSA30 stereo amplifier to replace the AVR with.

So, I plan to maintain the L/R VP65R-XT and replace the rear speakers with the same. The front speaker will then become redundant.

I do however need to replace the Virtuoso amplifiers, I have been told that the sound isnt punchy enough on the bass side. Can anyone recommend a suitable amplifier to power the subs, either one per sub, or one to power both? I would have to try to keep the cost between $500 and $1000.

If there are any glaring holes in my plan, please let me know too.

Thanks in advance

Isco 3

The VPXT8R doesn't seem to be a subwoofer. Are you sure the model number is correct?

Isco 3

Your power amp is only 90W @4Ohm, which is quite low I think. Look at the Crown XLS 1502 that is 525W @4Ohm, takes RCA, is cheap and reliable. It can drive 4 of your subs without even sweating.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom