• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Conversion Disorder

Epicurus

Prominent Member
After 8 weeks of symptoms and uncertainty my young nephew has just been diagnosed with Conversion Disorder. I had my feeling all along that his problems were psychological largely due to his troublesome upbringing.

Conversion Disorder manifests in physical symptoms and his are currently a lack of energy similar to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and, more recently, chronic and uncontrollable fits in his arms.

He is booked for a psychological assessment and is also to undergo lightning therapy (no this is not electric shock treatment!) as recommended by his consultant but there seems to be no medical concensus on best treatment for this condition.

Has anyone come across this condition before and found an effective treatment? My family are extremely concerned as at the tender age of 11 this condition can cause serious effects if not cured in good time. It can even lead to complete blindness and paralysis as the brain effectively decides to shut itself down.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom