conversion and picture sizing please help

K

kylieboi

ok i have an hdtv 32 inch, 360 and a pc. i recently got winavi 7.7 to convert to wmv format so i can stream videos from pc to 360. converting the files is fine the problem i have is i would like the converted video to fit the whole of my 32 inch hdtv so i have to tweak the conversion setting but i dont know what to change the pic size to? any help wpuld be greatful.
cheers kylieboi

bradavon78

It's likely the native resolution your LCD is 1366x768, most are. Look in the manual and set it to that.

Personally though I'd leave the resolution the same as the original (whatever it is) as resizing will only make the video huge and you may as well let your TV resize it.

K

kylieboi

well i converted tmnt last night and it was in full screen when streaming but episodes of south park are in 4.3 and there is the 2 black lines at either side (width) i can live with it lol cheers anyway

bradavon78

That's to be expected if the source material is in 4:3. When it comes to DVD Players I switch to 4:3 or 4:3 LBX which fixes this (and then switch back to 16:9 afterwards) but that maybe tricky with a computer.

K

kylieboi

well i tried coverting to dvd (thru win 7.7) then burning it onto disc to play thru the 360 today pic is way better prob cuz am not streaming it lol wouldn't say the copy is crystal clear but its a heck of a lot better!!

The latest video from AVForums

Dog Soldiers & Flatliners 4K, Black Phone, RRR & Mad God on digital, plus 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom