1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convergence Setup Diff on Aspect Ratios

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Kevo, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Tosh 40WH08B RP TV

I have noticed that after setting the convergence in WIDE mode and then returning in CINEMA (Zoom) mode then the convergence is way out. But changing it in this mode only undoes the settings made in WIDE mode !

These different settings are definatley noticable when viewing anamorphic and non-anamorphic material.

I guess I should make anamorphic (WIDE mode settings) priority.

Has anybody else noticed this or is it my TV?

What mode does everyone else use when doing the convergenve setup?

2. Gaz H

Gaz H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kevo

I've got the 46 Tosh. I've only had to adjust the convergance a couple of times, but after setting it up in wide and then cinema (the only modes I view) I always go back to wide mode and recheck (then back to cinema). I've never found that altering the convergance in one mode alters the other. Only had to do it on the odd occasion so i'm not going to sy it's your set but if it always altered other modes you'd be forever altering the convergance wouldn't you?

Gary

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to select WIDE mode (PAL) and then adjust the White Cross for best white, then press a number button to sort out the convergence at the edges... 1 for top left, 3 for top right etc. For region 1 disks NTSC, put the disc into play then do the white cross thing again in WIDE. BUT you must do all this after 15 mins of viewing, there is ever so slight warm up which you will notice.

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the CRT Tosh models, the following modes share settings:

4:3 & Wide
    Cinema & Subtitle
    Super Live

I don't know if the same applies to the RPTV in that changing it in 4:3 mode will also change Wide but not change Super Live etc

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the Rear Proj TVs, 4:3 is generated from WIDE, so any changes in WIDE affect 4:3. Also changes in WIDE affect the SUPERLIVE, CINEMA, SUBTITLE, 14:9 SCREENS

6. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Thanks for all the info.

I'll check the settings again but the red does seem way out on CINEMA (Zoom) mode yet OK on WIDE mode.

I'll get someone with perfect colour vision (if such a thing exists!) to assist.