1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convergence on Tosh 40PW03

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by stevegreen, Nov 1, 2001.

1. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    Well, after a disasterous first call, the Tosh engineer has sorted the convergence on my Tosh RP TV.

WOW, why didn't i get this done before, the picture is pin sharp now and i'm well impressed with it.

The engineer also showed me how to use the basics of the service menu so now i can fiddle to my hearts content......not that i am going to cos i dont want to bugger it up now!

:D

2. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,240
    Hi Steve,

1. Glad you have had it sorted now. Would you like to share what basics he told you that you could adjust so the rest of us can keep for future ref.?, please.

cheers

rai

ps

2. Did you contact your dealer, or toshiba direct to call him out?

3. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    Essentially he showed me the keys to:

a) Access the service menu

Turn the set on, press mute then hold down mute whilst holding the menu button on the set

b) Go to the convergence menu

Press and hold down the 'f' key on the remote whilst holding down the No.7 button

c) Converge the grid

Use 2,6,8,4 to move the cursor, 5 to select the grid area and 3 to change the colour that you are adjusting (red shows as yellow for some reason)

d) Apply convergence to other cinema modes

He did mess with the geometry but i have no idea what all the setting were and i would be very afraid to try too.

I got the set from Currys and used their in-house service people who are apparently Toshiba trained.

Hope that helps :)