1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convergence on green ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Matinee, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Matinee

Matinee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know the convergence on green module is used to converge two projectors together for stacking/3D purposes. I also read that interestingly, it may give improved geometry control in a number of cases?

Is there any downside to fitting a convergence on green module? (for instance, I know the orbiting module disables port 3 if installed).

PK

2. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland tweeked my BG1208 last week and to our surprise it too had a convergence on green module, some £700 new.

It was left in, so assume it does not degrade it.

The picture from mine via my cinematrix modded dvd is fantastic, and the nearest to natural light i've seen, still must get me an invite to someone with a top notch pj with HTPC, any offers?

Rgds

Nathan

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Convergence on green for barco projectors is only required where you need very accuate alaignment of the green image. It was pretty much designed for the simulation world where they were butting up images next to each other or overlaying them.

With Nathan's machine I left all the green convergence to mid position and used the geometry to get the shape correct. It can cause problems with the red and blue convergence if you start pushing the green about too much.

I have once had to use a module to correct the horizontal line syndrome on a machine that just would not behave.

For most home cinema more trouble than it is worth. To the twiddler (as apposed to tweaker) a nightmare waiting to happen.