1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convergence: DVD, CD DivX all in one

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Slimchandi, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Slimchandi

Slimchandi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have just added a Pioneer amp to my previuosly stereo setup, and I am loving surround sound from all sources! I have a Yamada DVD player primarily for Divx purposes but it also plays my dvds. Previously I used my Marantz CD6000 OSE into PM4000 for stereo, but adding the surround amp has left the Marantz amp redundant. So I am looking to sell all three and set up with a new cd and dvd player, most likely the Pioneer 575 (flavour of the year).

I can only use the Pioneer through co-ax or opti inputs to my amp as it has no phono inputs only Scarts. I have been using the Marantz cd player through optical and I love the sound, different to analogue but not in a bad way. Am I likely to notice any difference using the Pioneer through an optical input, as surely this just sends the same data, and the decoding and amplification is done with the amp? I would like to make sure I don't stand to lose any audio quality before I go through with the upgrade.

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I can see no reason why the Pioneer would be any different from the Marantz when using the S/PDIF connection (either optical or coax).

3. Slimchandi

Slimchandi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I thought I could do a little test as I was thinking about it. I tried the same cd through the dvd player with co-ax compared to the cd player with optical, even though it wasn't a blind test, they sounded very similar, and I was trying and hoping to hear a difference.

Thanks for the help