Controls

andyparksy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Think the main reason I never really got into BFBC2 was a complete lack of understanding of what I was doing - especially when it came to the vehicles (OK, mainly to do with the vehicles at least.....)

Infantry is all standard enough (although am hoping I can configure the knife / prone to match COD as far more used to that) but was hoping someone might have seen something about a list of controls for the vehicles...... Even the official PDF only deals with infantry.

Even knowing the parachute deployment button for the base jump map is going to save me about 10 deaths I think!

Form watching some YT vids you press 'x' to open the parachute. When it comes to vehicles, I think they are displayed once you are in them....I certainly saw the controls pop-up when I warched someone getting in a chopper

Darren is right on both accounts.

X for parachute and when you get in a vehicle a thing pops up telling you what does what.

Only real addition I can add is that by default plane/helicopter controls are inverted.

That's how most flying games are and why I play inverted. Top gun on nes started my brain on inverted. Lol

That's how most flying games are and why I play inverted. Top gun on nes started my brain on inverted. Lol

Well yes. I will double check the jet/heli controls tonight as I remember something being different about them compared to Ace Combat.

I ever tell you I got to do a jet pilot simulator. The ones they train in on the pilot training bases. I ripped the wings off once lol. But that was because I was entering space and had to flank to the right and down and went too hard/fast. I flew through a hangar and under the San Francisco bridge. Was pretty sweet. Some major was the navigator behind me. Even landed and took off without problems. That was a fun day.

I'm beginning to think by inverted I meant backwards from what you'd expect from flying. Like up is up as opposed to down like normal flight controls. Probably something you can change in game options.

Oh ya. Definitely backwards then.

I played last night and hopped into a jet. Jogged my memory why it felt awkward. The controls were fine (up is down, down is up) for flying, but you control the plane using the RIGHT joystick, which felt sort of counter intuitive since movement in all games is always done with your left hand.

Oh, so the right joystick doesn't control the view.

Oh, so the right joystick doesn't control the view.

No, strange.

Left stick controls Yaw and right stick controls pitch/roll.

Which is wierd, IMO. Should be the other way around.

No option to change it?

No option to change it?

I'm sure there is...maybe will look tonight if I remember. Was too busy last night having my buddy load my EOD robot up with C4 and driving it into enemy lines.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom