Controlling Tv via sky remote

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Mad Mikeyboy, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Mad Mikeyboy

Mad Mikeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Have posted this thread in remote controls forum so appologies mod's for doubling up but thought I might get a bit more joy in this one.

Today my one year old threw my sagem axium remote down the toilet which is now gubbed.

Can I control my Tv via the sky remote? I'm on normal sky just now but getting sky+ on thursday. I think I remember reading it couldn't be done.
    Can it?

cheers.

2. Heinz

Heinz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Yes* (that's why it's got a TV button).

* Sky say they can be programmed to operate the basic functions of about 90% of TVs.

3. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi mikey,

Bad luck losing your Sagem, you probably didn't know whether to scream or laugh!

You need to tune your Sky remote to the tv. This site is excellent for codes, look at the newer tables unless your television is very old. If you have plasma or l.c.d. you may not be able to find a code. A lot of members here can't get codes for the latest tvs.. Also if your Sky remote is an old one (check version in the battery compartment) you may need to change it for a later version. Version 6 is the latest one now. This site will show you how to tune the remote to Sky. Since you are about to have Sky+ you might as well wait until you have that and the manual will also give you codes for your make of television. If those don't work, ring up Sky or press the Interactive button on the Sky+ remote control and technical help there. That shows quite a few codes for designated televisions there, arranged alphabetically.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/digicode/htm

Good luck!