Question Controlling TV settings with Sky remote

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Ossie77, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Ossie77

Ossie77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Hi everyone,

I have programmed my Sky remote to control my Panasonic ST30. I can now use the remote to control volume, mute and on/off.

However, occasionally (through pressing buttons accidentally it seems), I can access the picture settings menu as well. Trouble is, I can't figure out how to do it intentionally! :confused:

Any ideas?!

TIA.

2. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    If you press the TV button on your Sky remote first, then pressing the Play button can sometimes change the TV aspect mode.

Pressing the Help button will also allow you to change the input mode (so you can switch between Sky, Freeview, DVD etc).

Other buttons have been reported in the past as accessing other menus on certain TVs (I think the Info button sometimes accesses last channel watched or something like that). The blue button used to bring up different menus on different TVs. You really need to experiment and write it down as each TV can be different. All will require the TV button at the top of the remote to be pressed first, then try each button in turn, making a note of what it changes, if anything.

3. Ossie77

Ossie77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Thanks for taking the time to reply Broadz. :thumbsup:

I figured it out; pressing 'TV' then 'i' on Sky remote gains access to the main menu on TV. I can now change contrast, picture mode, colour etc. without having to reach for the Panasonic remote.

Quite handy...literally!

4. Lee

Lee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,782
    I didn't know that so I've tried it and it works with my TV. Saves me having to get the TV remote to change input mode. Thanks.