• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Controlling Room Lights With Google Assistant

buzza_2004

Standard Member
Hi,

I currently have two google homes in the house and use it to control some Sonoff plugs for lighting.

I would like to investigate being able to turn the main room lights on / off and was looking some some advice on where to start.

I have two switches in the room (1 being a dimmer) and I do not want these replaced / removed. I don't want to use smart "bulbs" either as there are 12 LED G9's.

Is there anything i can add in my lighting circuit that will enable me to do it fairly easily, like a sonoff switch? I would prefer a WiFi connected device but if that's not available the could look at zwave / zigbee. I could look at setting up home assistant on my NAS too.

The Aeotec dimmer looks good but not sure it will fit behind my current switches. Do they work on a 2way lighting system?

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 24354

You could use a Fibaro dimmer

Z-Wave Fibaro Universal Dimmer 2 250W

which are 2/3 wire modules and will work on 2 way lighting.

I cannot help with Sonoff as i do not believe that their products are safe to use. They claim that this is a Declaration of Conformity for their products:

https://www.itead.cc/wiki/images/f/f7/CE_Certificate_for_Sonoff_Series.pdf

Which it most definitely is not. This also makes their CE marking invalid. Hence my reluctance to either recommend or assist with any of their product lines.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom