1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Controlling Hidden Equipment

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Amelia, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Amelia

Amelia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to have my DVD Player, Amp etc all hidden, which should make the room look great . . . but . . . how do I Control everything.

Anyone got any ideas?

Regards
    Amelia

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Use a remote extender. Take a look here

3. tomthx

tomthx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Amelia,
    I have all of my gear in a cabinet that is under the screen and behind closed doors, it contains the Center speaker as well. I designed it and had a pine place build it for me. I use a Avico's IR Extender One Zone in Four Out (HCH14, $60), a IR Extender IR Receiver (HIR7, $12) and a couple of IR Extender Double Emmitter's (HIR3, $15). It all works well for me. Info can be found here, select Audio and then General.
    Any electronic shop should be able to get this stuff in, if not send me an email and I'll see what I can find for you here. Hope this helps.
    Tom.
    BTW, I got the same deal you did on the AE100 from Clivepeeter but mine will be delivered straight from the Panasonic Warehouse in Sydney on the 1st of August.

4. Amelia

Amelia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Messiah,

Wow, it looks like I have a lot to learn about all this stuff. Thanks for the link !!!!

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the links and info. Have you decided how you are going to mount your PJ. I am pretty sure you will be happy with it. Mine is put away now and I the room being renovated :D

Best Regards
    Amelia