Controlling a DIY Projector Lift

theaccent

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of building a new living entertainment area and have now decided to get a projector... TV will be mounted on the wall and the screen will drop down in front of the TV. I'm also building a DIY projector lift etc similar to these posts

http://www.avforums.com/forums/projectors/1203815-diyish-projector-lift.html
http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-cinema-building-diy/1567458-doing-my-home-cinema.html

(Will be using the 230v Aprimatic 02M and Linear Bearings with Flanges)

My last piece of the puzzle is just trying to figure out how to control everything from my Harmony remote, I have a general idea of the items I need but I'm looking for some advice on if it's right, what exactly I should be looking for and how to put it together...

This will be the IR relay
New 4 channel IR Remote Control Relay Board - iknowvations.in

I want to have a manual override for the projector lift similar to this, however I don't want to have to press and hold up or down, I just want to press it once and the lift goes all the way up or down (actuator has internal limit swith), you may tell me I need something completely different
AC 250V 10A 125V 15A DPDT Black Button ON OFF ON Panel Mount Rocker Switch | eBay

And lastly, after the projector is turned off, I don't want the lift to go back into the ceiling straight away, I want to wait for it to finish cooling down and then retract, I believe with this I need some sort of power interrupt or kill switch that can indicate when there's power in the projector to not go up.

So, am I on the right track, am I looking at the right items for the manual override and where does it sit, between the power and the IR relay or between the IR relay and the projector?

What or where should I be looking for the power interrupt or should I be looking at something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I would like to set this up in my Harmony remote so I can program something like...

Watch Projector
- Projector screen comes down
- Projector lift comes down
- Projector comes on
- TV turns off (if on)
- Amp turns on or switches HDMI out to projector

Watch TV
- Projector screen goes up
- Projector turns off
- Projector lift goes up (after delay to allow to cool down)
- TV turns on
- Amp turns on or switches HDMI out to TV

FYI - don't have projector yet, just putting the infrastructure in... Projecton distance is about 4m, with screen size 90 - 100inch (90, tab tensioned, 100 for normal) so projectors would be probably, BenQ W7000+, Epson TW6100 (aussie model number), Panasonic AE8000 (constrained by budget)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom