Controller sensitivity

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by Calzor Suzay, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Calzor Suzay

Calzor Suzay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    What's the whole deal with setting it up?
    I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing as it doesn't seem clear, it talks about showing 2 blinking dots but it does that no matter what I pick and when you move it's all back to front.

Am I supposed to be pointing it at the corner of the screen and the dots are in the corner as well?

:lease:

2. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,819
    It's mainly to adjust the sensitivity for the distance you are sitting from the sensor bar.

Taken from the Wii Operations Manual(page 50):

In the test, you'll use the remote to move the cursor into view within the test field. If you see two blinking dots your current sensitivity setting is fine. If you don't see two blinking dots adjust with the + and - buttons until you do, then press A to confirm your settings.

There's more text there to read but I just typed out what looks like the most relevant, obviously you can check out the rest yourself if you wish;)

I had it on the default 3 until buying Red Steel, for some reason on that number the aimer would keep jumping around the screen, adjusted the pointer sensitivity to 4 and it's been fine since. If you aren't having any similar problems I'd just leave it as it is.

3. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,603
    Yeah just try it out for yourself

atm about to get to the 3rd dungeon in Zelda and I have it on 2 :p Still become a pro in tennis after a mere 2 weeks mind :D

4. Sly Fly

Sly Fly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +726
    I believe it also has something to do with the amount of light in the room. At a guess I'd say you have to decrease sensitivity (i.e. be closer) if there is a LOT of ambient/background light that may confuse the sensor bar.

Just a guess though