• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Controller option for people that like to play with a D pad

DJSigma

Banned
Amazon are selling the Madcatz Rock Band Portable Drum Kit reduced from 50 quid to 7 quid: -

Madcatz Rock Band Portable Drum Kit (Xbox 360): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

It comes with this (pic courtesy of a guy on NeoGAF): -

pad2.jpg

Impressions from another guy on GAF: -

Well I just put the thing through its paces in Ms. Pac Man in MAME and make no mistake this thing is the real deal. I **** you not, its just about the most responsive dpad you'll ever come across and is about as good as a traditional Nintendo style cross shaped dpad can get. I can quite confidently say it is better than the classic controllers dpad and I am super hyped for Sonic 4 now, this thing is literally perfect for it.

Mad Catz, you're sitting on a gold mine here, add a couple of shoulder buttons, move the actual dpad slightly up and to the left, remove the drum pad inputs and sell it as the ultimate XBLA pad for $20. I think I might message MarkMan and get him to show the Madcatz team that worked on the SFIV accessories this thread, to see what they think.

Seriously, snap these things up whilst they're available for peanuts, once the word gets out these things won't be available at this sort of pricing for very long.
It's wired and there's no shoulder buttons, but for certain types of games, this is a decent buy for the price IMO.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom