• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Controling Varilight with Harmony One

mark8par

I cant seem to get the harmony one to work properly with the varilight, i can get it to turn on and off but not dim. Also has anyone noticed the switch making a noticeable buzzing noise.

scottie50

Hi Mark,
You need to map the light on/lights off to a hard button. I've got mine on the unused up button inbetween the menu and info buttons, works a treat. My Varilight hums a little, but I think all dimmable switches do.

logiciel

He already has the power commands. What about the dimmer?

John

I used to be able to do this with the 525. Can't remember how I did it though . It may have been learnt from the Pronto I had previously. Which isn't much help . I'll have a think .....................

Program it to a hard button and press and hold it to adjust level . I think

Last edited:

logiciel

That's if you find the command!
If it needs the "hold" function then it will have to be on a button such as channel or direction.

Gboardman1959

That's if you find the command!
If it needs the "hold" function then it will have to be on a button such as channel or direction.
I've got an harmony 1100 and you can dim the varilight using one of the on screen buttons

logiciel

That's surprising.
Does the transmission indicator show for as long as you hold the command?

Gboardman1959

That's surprising.
Does the transmission indicator show for as long as you hold the command?
Sorry for the late reply Logi Yes the transmission indicator shows for as long as you hold the command Geoff

John

I used to be able to do this with the 525. Can't remember how I did it though . It may have been learnt from the Pronto I had previously. Which isn't much help . I'll have a think .....................

Program it to a hard button and press and hold it to adjust level . I think

I think i did learn it from my Pronto , got the codes for that here. Not much help , but its an avenue closed. Sorry

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom