controling room temprature

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by steve1960, Feb 18, 2014.

1. steve1960

steve1960

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    hi guys,
    could you advise me on the best way of coling a cinema room? mine is 10.17 feet. i have treid a portable air con which cools, but sounds like a tractor engine running even on quite. plus i do not like the idea of putting holes through the walls to vent it, and compromise my soundproofing.

i am thinking of maybe a "AIR COOLER" anyone tried these? heating the room will not be a problem im sure. but cooling it is not so straight forward im thinking.

if anyone could advise me on what they have used would be much appreciated.

regards steve

2. neilball

neilball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +643
    A split system - where the indoor unit is separate to the external condenser unit linked by small refrigerant pipework - is your starting point. The indoor unit can be mounted on the wall/ceiling within the room (simpler install but can lead to some fan/air movement noise) or remote from the room with ducted supply and extract air grilles. The ducted system can also use several room grilles to distribute the air more effectively and be fitted with acoustic silencers to further reduce operating noise. Obviously the more features you add the more expensive it becomes!