Control4 & Sky Q Compatibility

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by CarlitosWayuk, Jul 6, 2018.

1. CarlitosWayuk

CarlitosWayuk
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is Control4 compatible with Sky Q?

I may have jumped the gun when ordering my Sky Q. I think it may not be compatible as Sky Q says devices must be HDCP 2.2 compatible.

Current Setup:

My setup was installed by a professional installer so I'm not that familiar with it. I have Sky HD which appear to be connected to a BlueStream (4-way 4k HDBaseT splitter) via HDMI which I'm assuming then connects to my Control4 Controller HC 800 box. This then distributes the video round the house via Ethernet.

As Sky Q 'requires' HDCP 2.2 will Sky Q still pump Ultra HD to the TVs on my setup? Anyone else have a similar setup with Sky Q?

Thanks!

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,228
    UHD Distribution - what you need to know is which UHD formats the HDBT Distribution Amp caters for and is it HDCP 2.2 compliant, early HDBT variants only supported 2160p at 30/25 fps with HDCP1.4. Do you have a model number for the HDBT Distribution Amp?

Control4 HC800 - is the 'brain' of your control system, it has an HDMI Output to allow you to see the Control system menus on your TV's, it is not passing your Distributed video signals so plays no part in determining what SKY Q will deliver.

Control4 - you may need to call back the system Integrator to ensure SKY Q drops straight into the control system, I believe the driver is common across SKY+ HD and SKY Q; not so sure what you need to do with IP address though.

SKY Q - will revert to 1080p/HDCP1.4 if it see's a non 2160p/50/HDCP2.2 Sink device. Are all of your Display devices which connect to the HDBT Distribution Amp UHD capable?

Joe

3. CarlitosWayuk

CarlitosWayuk
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Joe, apologies for the late reply and thanks for the very comprehensive info! I'm using a BluStream (4-way 4k HDBaseT splitter) which is only HDCP 1.4 so I'm stuck with just HD for the time being. The splitter/extender and all the eithernet receivers are 4k but HDCP 1.4 so they will all need to be upgraded at some point which will cost a fair bit!

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,228