control4 / creston

sparky011

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

i am looking to become an installer for both control4 and creston,

do you have any idea how to acheive this and what is involved in the training courses

sparky

Hi Sparky,

First port of call is to give them a ring. Both will require you to sign on to the dealer programme before giving away too much information, and you will have to negotiate on requirements for demo-equipment purchase.

Ask to speak to Mark Coombes @ Crestron and Jason Girardier @ Control 4.

Regards,
Chris

cheers chris

whats involved with the dealers program

sparky

Hi Sparky011,

To become a control4 dealer you will have to complete a training course and purchase some of there equipment.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

yesi made contact with them this morning and have had to send them my company details,

what ££ do you have to purchase from them and do they expect you to buy so much stock per year.

sparky011 said:
what ££ do you have to purchase from them and do they expect you to buy so much stock per year.

Hi, Dont think its so much per year just a one off payment for equipment.

Not sure on the price and i'm not sure i should tell you if i knew but ask the and they will tell you.

Bailey

yesi made contact with them this morning and have had to send them my company details,

Sparky011,

What was the outcome of your enquiry with Control4?
I'm also interested in becoming an installer/Dealer in Norfolk. I've only just come across Control4,

Sparky2011

Control 4 you need to go on their 3 day training course which will cost £500 plus vat, but you get this back on your first order, demo kit wise I think its about £2K worth of kit.

I'm a total Control 4 lover it's easy to sell and setup plus the clients find it very easy to use, once trained :D

But can you move out of East Anglia :lease: as I'm having a good time as a Control 4 dealer here at the moment :D:rotfl::D

Seriously if you want to have a chat about it drop me a PM and I'll pass on my details.

Cheers Linx

Interesting tie up for C4 in the whole C4 vs. Crestron debate..

Control4 Corp. said on Tuesday that it has won an investment from Cisco Systems Inc. and that the networking giant plans to use its home automation software in deals with utilities and cities.
Financial details of the investment in the Salt Lake City, Utah, company by San Jose-based Cisco (Nasdaq: CSCO) were not disclosed. Cisco (Nasdaq: CSCO) has employees in the Sacramento region, including an office on Highway 50.
The deal is seen as adding another piece for Cisco's Smart + Connected Communities push in which the company hopes to provide homes with digital tools to monitor and control everything from energy to health monitoring, communications and entertainment.
“Both Cisco and Control4 share a vision of delivering a connected world where we all lead better and simpler lives,” said Control4 CEO Will West in a prepared startement.

Yep spoke to C4 the other day they say in the short term it probably won't affect the UK market. Certainly interesting.

Linx

Thanks for that. Tried PM you with no luck. Still would like to know more information though.:lease:
Control 4 you need to go on their 3 day training course which will cost £500 plus vat, but you get this back on your first order, demo kit wise I think its about £2K worth of kit.

I'm a total Control 4 lover it's easy to sell and setup plus the clients find it very easy to use, once trained :D

But can you move out of East Anglia :lease: as I'm having a good time as a Control 4 dealer here at the moment :D:rotfl::D

Seriously if you want to have a chat about it drop me a PM and I'll pass on my details.

Cheers Linx

Hiya, I'll PM you my contact details then give me a bell, I'm out first fixing this weekend well once the AA man has come and drained the unleaded from the diesel car (thanks wifey, top one), but call and leave a message and I'll give you a shout back.

Regards Linx

Ok, I emailled you instead as you can't PM yet.

Last edited:
Hi.., looking to have a control4 system installed in my home theater. Here's what i need the C4 system to control via an Ipad. Is 2300 a fair price for hardware and system setup. Note that the HT system will already be wired and operational. The C4 guy just needs to bring the HC200, switches, and program it to work.

Dual Purpose Room.
* JVC X3
* Samsung plasma
* Denon 3311ci
* DTV
* Blueray
* Media server
* VCR... (kidding).
--------------------
The demon will control media from three sources to either the JVC or the plasma. In addition two dimmers need to be installed and programmed.

what do you guys think.. The company I'm talking to has added 6 hrs of setup time.

Thanks.

Phil.

philom5 said:
Hi.., looking to have a control4 system installed in my home theater. Here's what i need the C4 system to control via an Ipad. Is 2300 a fair price for hardware and system setup. Note that the HT system will already be wired and operational. The C4 guy just needs to bring the HC200, switches, and program it to work.

Dual Purpose Room.
* JVC X3
* Samsung plasma
* Denon 3311ci
* DTV
* Blueray
* Media server
* VCR... (kidding).
--------------------
The demon will control media from three sources to either the JVC or the plasma. In addition two dimmers need to be installed and programmed.

what do you guys think.. The company I'm talking to has added 6 hrs of setup time.

Thanks.

Phil.

Hmm, iPad license is £200, hc200 is £450 and then dimmers would be about £140 ish each all plus the dreaded vat plus cables etc if needed about £1250 ish then programming, very basic install sounds pretty reasonable.

Kind regards

Linx

Hmm, just re read your post so all the kit will be in in that case sounds a bit much, but if your controlling the tv, etc he'll need to get an ir on to both of them an if you haven't got a spare cat 5 cable going to either of these that may take a bit of time.

Last edited:
Thanks Linx...

I have 2 extra Cat5s plus the HDMI going to the Projector.., and the TV is close to the component closet so I can run extra cables very easily if needed.

Looks like I;m in the right cost range.

Phil.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom