Control socket from manual light switch

dcleal

Novice Member
Sorry if this is a repeat question, couldn't find anything quite relevant.

I have a room with a manual light switch that controls some wall lights. Also in the room are some lamps plugged into a power socket. What I would like is for when I turn the light switch on/off, both the wall lights and the socket turn on/off. I've got a Shelly 1 left over from a previous project, but I'm confused about whether I can put that inside my manual light switch and somehow have that update a smart socket as the manual switch gets clicked? Or would I be better to replace the manual switch with a smart switch?

And in both cases, do I have to run some sort of server to mediate between two devices? At the moment I have a number of SmartHome devices that work with a mobile app but no central server. I'm not necessarily averse to that but have been trying to avoid doing it before I need to...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
If the smart switch is also Shelly (or can be controlled by a simple URL) then yes you can add a Shelly 1 behind the switch and when turned on it can control the smart switch

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom