1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Control RF device from IR remote

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by kentlad, Jan 23, 2004.

1. kentlad

kentlad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone know any device that can translate an IR singal to RF?

Have a learning remote that can send out any IR signal, but want it to control a RF device. (owl screen)

any recommendations welcome.

2. ailean

ailean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was looking for the same but couldn't find anything. What I'm doing is replacing the screen manual switch with the X10 remote switch SW10G and then using the X10 IR receiver IR7243 to translate IR to X10 commands.

Luckly my screen hasn't arrived yet so I was able to cancel the RF remote switch and get this stuff instead (cheaper too!).

Only thing is you need a remote which has X10 commands or can be programmed like a Pronto. With luck I'll get the screen and remote next week and try it all out. :clap:

3. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    If you take a look at letsautomate.com you can find the remotes you need. It is important though to have a RF learning remote so if needed you can teach your normal IR remote.