Control Grandview IGD-IR with Harmony One. Or not.

chris2922

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Grandview screen with a IGD-IR infrared remote control. The control works great from anywhere up to about 20feet away.

To streamline my home theatre i bought a Logitech Harmony One universal remote.

Using the software supplied i got it to control all my home theatre components - but not the Grandview screen.

It is also a 'learning remote' though - though this does not work in this case. The Harmony doesnt pick up a signal coming from the IGD-IR 90% of the time, but with persistance it does - albeit a "weak" singnal according to the software. This then does not control the Grandview Screen.

Other remote send signals the the Harmony first time no problem, so my methd is good. The batteries in the IGD-IR are new and have been swapped just in case.

Finally i have tried learning the IGD-IR signal in RAW mode using the Logitech - but this doesnt work either.

Is there something strange about the IGD-IR that prevents it working with universal remotes?

I've been going back and forth as a middle-man between Logitech and Henry Hung at Grandview for months now and have got no-where. They refuse to talk to each other and cant solve the problem.

Mike from grandviewscreen.com said "it is strange as we have tried it with logitech universal remote to control our screen via IR remote control" but mine siomply wont have it.

Does anyone know someone on the 'inside' who might be able to help me out? Its frustrating having a universal remote work with everything but the screen!

I have a Grandview screen as well and I am thinking about getting a Harmony remote. So I am also very interested in any information forum members may have.

I did try learning the codes using my Yamaha 863 remote with no success.

Well Cliff, no replies.

Here is my suggestion - dont get a Harmony One. Theyre *****. So is Logitech and Grandview support.

Still tempted to get a Harmony but I might have to control the screen using the 12v trigger. Problem is my Sony HW-10 doesn't have a trigger out!

Still thinking of a solution :confused:

Please do - that would be a great help.

I've just enjoyed reading your threads from your sig-links too. Nice work!

John, how did you set the Harmony to operate the screen?
I do not have a Harmony yet so looking for advice in advance. Did you get the Grandview codes from the Harmony data base or was it an equivalent code. Or did you learn the codes?

To be honest i cant remember. I probably just learnt the codes from the original remote. You can add it under climate control in the devices section, it comes up okay, you just need to learn from the remote and rename the buttons.

John

Last edited:
Well my 15 month old Grandview screen has now stopped working, its stuck in the down position over the top of my plasma :mad: It just makes a clicking noise but wont move.... any one got any ideas?

John....

It seems "celtic13" is correct - the Beamax '10622' IR Controller is exactly the same at the Grandview unit. Check it out:

Beamax | IR remote control set

The Beamax unit is available in the Logitech databse as well - and it was programmed to my Harmony One no problem at all.

Amazingly though, it STILL doesnt work! No idea why - the remote that came with the unit works great!

--
Sorry to hear your screen has stopped working John, but this thread is about the IR system, not the motor; and id like to try and keep it on track.

Sorry to resurrect a really old thread but I have the same problem as described here with my 10622 Beamax I/R and a Harmony 525.
The 10622 appears under Home Appliances and is a recognised part number under Beamax but I cannot get it to work my screen at all. I have tried teaching the 525 the commands, it says that it is OK, but nothing happens. I have even taught it Raw commands but again nothing happens.
I have been in discussion with Logitech and still no joy, I am now onto second level support at Logitech.
Did you ever get this to work? If so How please, pretty please.
( I am happy to start a new thread if the mods think that will be best)

I could not get my Ipod touch L5 dongle to learn my Grandview's remote IR commands. I ended up using my old One-for-all to learn the Grandview's remote IR, then teach this to my L5. Slightly long winded but it works.

Sorry to resurrect a really old thread but I have the same problem as described here with my 10622 Beamax I/R and a Harmony 525.
The 10622 appears under Home Appliances and is a recognised part number under Beamax but I cannot get it to work my screen at all. I have tried teaching the 525 the commands, it says that it is OK, but nothing happens. I have even taught it Raw commands but again nothing happens.
I have been in discussion with Logitech and still no joy, I am now onto second level support at Logitech.
Did you ever get this to work? If so How please, pretty please.
( I am happy to start a new thread if the mods think that will be best)

Yes, I got my Beamax I/R to work with my Harmony One. I did it by learning the commands in RAW mode.

Nearly 2 years on and my thread is still alive!

I never did get this sorted. I got as far as getting the raw hex codes for the remote from Grandview (in jpeg) and sending them to Logitech, who logged into my account and created me some new devices to test. Still no joy.

I've tried teaching it (harmony one) in normal and raw without success.

I am very interested in the post above that says learning the remote commands with an all-in-one and then teaching another remote solved his problem. He might not be using a harmony, but maybe it will help!

After 2 years I'm willing to try something else!

I am very interested in the post above that says learning the remote commands with an all-in-one and then teaching another remote solved his problem. He might not be using a harmony, but maybe it will help!

After 2 years I'm willing to try something else!

Hi, I have the Beamax Screen 10236 with the Beamax IR Remote 10622 set.

The remote for the IR is white, and has model 1GD-IR on the back, with 3 buttons UP, DOWN,STOP. I gather this is exactly the same model as the GrandView.

So using the Harmony One control software, I went through the following :-

1. Using other Beamax Model No.s in the database - Doesn't work
2. Using Grandview in the database - Doesn't work
3. Learning the commands via the supplied remote - Doesn't work

So what did work was learning the commands via the original remote in RAW mode. To do this you go the standard LEARNING Page, but you then press CUSTOM to the bottom right, to go to the Advanced Learning. From there, I learned the commands, and hey presto, the Harmony One can now control the Screen via IR

Well I now have a full control of my Beamax 10622 remote using my Harmony 525,
It took 2 weeks to get Logitech to program it and endless emails and endless updating of the remote software, however I must say that they stuck with it and I got there in the end, there support service was really good, they certainly kept on trying to help me. I now have an activity that turns my PJ on and lowers my screen and when I turn it off the PJ goes off and the screen raises - Perfect.
With reference to the RAW commands, I tried that and it did not help me at all.
All I can say is keep trying.

Well I now have a full control of my Beamax 10622 remote using my Harmony 525,
It took 2 weeks to get Logitech to program it and endless emails and endless updating of the remote software, however I must say that they stuck with it and I got there in the end, there support service was really good, they certainly kept on trying to help me. I now have an activity that turns my PJ on and lowers my screen and when I turn it off the PJ goes off and the screen raises - Perfect.
With reference to the RAW commands, I tried that and it did not help me at all.
All I can say is keep trying.

Hi, I have the IR10622 and see the Harmony one is down to £100, so now tempted.
When you say Logitech programmed it, did they update their database (or whatever they do at their end) or was it just your own control.
Thanks.

Hi, I have the IR10622 and see the Harmony one is down to £100, so now tempted.
When you say Logitech programmed it, did they update their database (or whatever they do at their end) or was it just your own control.
Thanks.

No idea if they updated their own database or not, however they just asked me to update my remote and it finally worked. As mentioned above it took about 2 weeks to get there! I suggest you email there support and ask if they have updated anything as standard for the 10622. The 10622 on the Harmony is under Home Appliances by the way, you can then find Beamax - yes it is weird.

No idea if they updated their own database or not, however they just asked me to update my remote and it finally worked. As mentioned above it took about 2 weeks to get there! I suggest you email there support and ask if they have updated anything as standard for the 10622. The 10622 on the Harmony is under Home Appliances by the way, you can then find Beamax - yes it is weird.

Cheers Andy, I'll cope with the 2 weeks as I didn't realise it means I can turn the projector off/screen up without a 12v trigger (have the AE3000-doesn't have a trigger) or am I misunderstanding the linking of devices?

Hi, in my Harmony 525 I created an activity called PJ and Screen, this turns my JVC HD350 on and lowers my Beamax screen to my preset height, also when I press the power button on my Harmony it turns to PJ off and raises the screen - This is exactly what I was looking to do. I suggest that you check out the original 10622 remote and make sure that is working OK and then try setting up an activity. If you get no joy then contact Logitech support. One strange thing I found when trying to get this sorted with Logitech was that the Volume UP, or it could have been the Channel UP, button on the remote actually sent a signal to the 10622 and tried to raise the screen - needless to say it couldn't as it was up anyway, I could not find any button on the remote to lower the screen, I am not sure if this helped Logitech out in any way but as soon as I discovered that they managed to sort my remote out shortly afterwards. As mentioned before I tried RAW commands and learning the 10622 remote but neither of these methods achieved anything. Good luck.

Thanks, will give it a go !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom