• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Control AV equipment behind cabinets

rashomon

Hi all

Sorry if this is the wrong thread. I'm struggling to get my head round the various solutions available to control my dvd and digihome pvr which are housed in a cabinet fronted with wooden doors. Seems like there are several IR Repeaters, AV senders, Remote controls with no line of sight etc.

I think the ideal solution is the Harmony 895 - but at 200 notes it is well out of my budget :(

I want a clean solution that does not cost the earth and something that does not require any thing obtrusive sitting outside of the cabinet.

I've found the All in One SV1100 convertor on the amazon web site which seems to fit the bill - http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-All-Control-Convertor-SV1100/dp/B000OS1CPA

Anyone have any thoughts on this - or can anyone offer a decent sub £60 solution?

Thanks in advance

Rashomon

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom